Live GPS Understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the gps tracking, it is a very smart concept, but I am looking to get a live gps tracker now for my car. I saw a few demos, and I am trying to understand which satellites the live imagery actually comes from.

I say to myself, why pay 800 dollars for a tracker, and then pay 400 a year just to track it lol. Estimating the number of people using trackers already obviously outweighs the number of satellites currently in orbit. This means that there is already a high level wide zoom available over the continent, and its just the software that interprets and limits the imagery access perimeter.

Say I wanted to just type in my own gps cordinates to view a live tornado, and then type in another cordinate halfway around the world at a 100 ft high tidal wave in the middle of the pacific, etc.

I mean perhaps I am confused, but I dont believe we need to task satellites anymore due to the complex lens nanotech developed in the past 50 years right?

Although I would imagine that access to this program that allows the ability to increase the diameter of coverage would co inside on a cost basis to the suckers that they have already scraped funds from. Which means each license would be only million of dollars on a good day.

If my thought basis is off, please feel free to correct me, thanks for any info available.

Here is an example of a live tracker.
GPS Tracking | Vehicle Tracking | LiveViewGPS Tracking Systems 1-888-544-0494

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Not following, but to take a guess. The GPS data is overlayed onto pre observed air photography, not actual live photos/video taken as a car is driving.

mancow

Database Admin
Huh? What you are talking about is ran by the National Reconnaissance Office for national security operations. Unless you are the CIA our something you aren't going to get a hold of anything like that.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
A bit too literal. "Live View" refers to a live view of the vehicles location super-imposed on a map. Dozens of these companies exist, mainly selling to delivery / service companies.

The positional data, gathered by the integrated GPS receiver, is sent back to a central server via cellular, where it's overlaid on a map, such as Google Maps.

Last edited:

N0YFE

The 400.00 per year is the cost of the cellular data plan for the GPS tracker to relay it's current position to allow you to view it's location.

Seems logical, but then that would be a 390 dollar profit lol as 10 dollar prepaid phones have the same tracking available, providing reliable information.

grem467

Seems logical, but then that would be a 390 dollar profit lol as 10 dollar prepaid phones have the same tracking available, providing reliable information.

Which prepaid phone gives you realtime location tracking for $10.00 including the year of service?

Status
Not open for further replies.