Live Incidents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExCaptEd

Does anybody know where I can post live incidents as they happen? I could post it in the New York forum which is where my feed is for but only people browsing the New York forum will see it. I'm looking for a place where anybody listening to the feeds can see it. Can I put it under the status message on the audio page? Thanks in advance, Eddie

prc117f

Why? You would bring unwanted attention and end up getting the channels encrypted.

ExCaptEd

Not true. First of all, who said it was unwanted. Why put the scanner online if you don't want anybody listening to it. When the plane went down in the Hudson River, I had over 300 listeners on my channel. They actually played some of the audio on Larry King Live. Gorden had a shoutbox on ScanAmerica to post live events. It was a system that worked well. What's the sense of listening if there is nothing interesting to listen to. I couldn't think of a better way for people to be informed than to listen to a live event as it happens, not wait to see it on the news after it happens. Those poor people out in California that lose a house every year. If your not near a radio or a tv, how are you gonna know if it's headed your way. Most phones today are able to recieve a live radio or tv feed. I view a live feed as a safety thing. If a system is going to be encrypted, it's going to be encrypted. The New York City Fire Department (FDNY) has safeguards in place to prevent certain information from getting out without encrypting the whole broadcast. Does anybody have a legitimate answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.