Live Oak after LCN change

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_webb59

We had a LCN Change for Alamo Heights recently. Now I can't scan the Live Oak TRS. I can manually step through the channels, I get the CC, I get some talk + 3 beeps on frequencies, but TGIDs aren't locking. My freqs and LCNs are plugged just as outlined currently in the RR Database.

The Alamo Heights TRS, which I couldn't scan before event though I live(just) in '09, works fine. Can anyone verify as this the busiest TRS I can scan?

Thanks, Mike.

Also, as an aside, SAISD has foot chase last night, no direct access to the SA Provoice, placed a 911 call -- chase in progress, and per the dispatcher it took 15 minutes to get the call dispatched.

scrotumola

Nice interoperability display!

Two weekends ago, at about 2:30 in the morning SAPD was working a shooting with multiple hits at some bar at Rittiman and Harry Wurzbach (nawwwww, you don't say!)

Terrell Hills Officers have been denied the ability to get on much less monitor the SA system, but they do watch SAPD keycards on their MDTs. The initial keycard gave a suspect vehicle description along with the number and gender of suspects and low and behold, what vehicle happens to be leaving the area rather quickly into Terrell Hills? You got it.

The TH dispatcher calls SAPD and tells their dispatcher what is going on and gets PUT ON TERMINAL HOLD. THPD trails the vehicle as it meanders through the area all the way up Harry Wurzbach to 410 and around 410 and Perrin Beitel. Eventually, the vehicle makes it's move into an apartment complex parking lot.

The whole time, the TH dispatcher is trying to coordinate the other Alamo Heights and Terrell Hills officers for backup... at times in frustration making comments about being repeatedly put on hold. Finally, the dispatcher gets back on the phone and is told what is going on. I fell asleep before I could figure out what the end result was.

If this situation had gone bad, really bad... the lack of interoperable communications and lack of interoperable city governments would have been the reason, and the dispatcher the scapegoat.

TXEMT

That is crazy..it use to be that THPD, Alamo Heights and Olmos park all monitored SAPD on the old system and even chatted with officers on open channels, Now San Antonio is acting like other towns around SA can't help them out like they use to and don't want any other PD's to monitor them...Kinda of sad but looks like it is going to take something major to happen to show SA that other agencies need some kind of access to them

mike_webb59

Not to mention the confusion (and the cost) when SA and the disconnected agencies dispatch EMS.

Anyways, I checked the Pro-95, and it's scanning Live Oak as advertised. Must be reception issues with the 246T.

TX, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.