Live Oak has rebanded

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
From that wiki page:
Why won't my scanner work after rebanding?
Well, depending on what you listen to, it might work. If you listen to EDACS or LTR (or conventional), you will just need to reprogram the new frequencies and logical channel numbers...

The page covers all system types.

tx2654

I heard the LO system will go PROVOICE with ESK in the future so I wouldn't spend a bunch of cash to scan this system with a new scanner.

davidbond21

I heard the LO system will go PROVOICE with ESK in the future so I wouldn't spend a bunch of cash to scan this system with a new scanner.

If that is true, then does this mean the Live Oak system is going to become another outlying site of the San Antonio/Bexar County EDACS system? Or are they going to update their own EDACS system to ProVoice/ESK to spite SA/Bexar for their apparent refusal/indifference to providing interoperability between it and the Live Oak system? Hopefully if they're installing their own system, they upgrade to ProVoice but ditch implementing ESK. Then it's a simple matter of having a ProVoice radio programmed for monitor only.

tx2654

If that is true, then does this mean the Live Oak system is going to become another outlying site of the San Antonio/Bexar County EDACS system? Or are they going to update their own EDACS system to ProVoice/ESK to spite SA/Bexar for their apparent refusal/indifference to providing interoperability between it and the Live Oak system? Hopefully if they're installing their own system, they upgrade to ProVoice but ditch implementing ESK. Then it's a simple matter of having a ProVoice radio programmed for monitor only.

From what I was told it's an agreement between SA and LO. It's just a matter of time and cash, and obtaining new radios. I believe it will be done in-part with a grant of some sort. When I find out a specific timeframe I'll update the thread. ESK was in there as far as I know so I would count on the system being un-scannable in the future.

I believe ( speculation only ) Alamo Heights went off the LO system because in part due to the older analog system, so LO lost a bunch of money. It may be to attract or retain users also but I'm not privy to how that stuff works. None of this should be surprising as it's something that needs to be done to update the technology.

Last edited:

davidbond21

Ah...Well, if it's going to be linked to SA, then it's going to have to be ESK, which stinks. Although I'm sure there will still be some analog talkgroups after the transition, so a scanner like my PSR-500 will still work for those(does public works really need ProVoice?). Hopefully this will be a slow implementation because indeed this is going to be a pretty costly endeavour for all the different agencies.

tx2654

Ah...Well, if it's going to be linked to SA, then it's going to have to be ESK, which stinks. Although I'm sure there will still be some analog talkgroups after the transition, so a scanner like my PSR-500 will still work for those(does public works really need ProVoice?). Hopefully this will be a slow implementation because indeed this is going to be a pretty costly endeavour for all the different agencies.

Right I agree that not all of it should be PROVOICE but we'll see what happens.

davidbond21

Well, whatever does eventually end up happening, whether ProVoice and/or ESK, I'll personally be prepared for it.

My only question is whether the admins would allow streaming(audio feed) of a ProVoice/ESK system...

davidbond21

I also wonder if they are going to update Live Oaks current physical site of all the communications equipment and add that as a site to their network. Or, if they'd just set up all the new radios and talkgroups into their system, and make the added radios work off the Topperwein site(7) they already have?

Geographically, these two locations aren't that far apart from one another and feasibly they could do this. On the other hand, the Topperwein site is already heavily trafficked(one quick look at UniTrunker confirms this), but then again that's mostly networked traffic from the simulcasts and the Live Oak system usually isn't too bumping itself, so it could work out that way. It'll be interesting to see, and either way, my scanners and other receiving devices will reach both these sites from my house.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone submitted this stuff yet? The db has not been updated...

I was going to leave it up to the people that figured it out...

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Here is my confirmed talk group list for the Live Oak system:

728 Selma Public Works

Donald Harkins

Don,

Every address I've heard on this talkgroup comes up out of Universal City. I believe it's a combination of UC Code Enforcement and UC Public Works. I've heard conversation relating to building inspections, code violations but also public works traffic about water towers, etc. Like I said, every address I have run comes back to Universal City.

Is this a combination of the Universal City-Selma-Converse-Schertz-Live Oak Metroplex's public works/code enforcement?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Twins...

I noticed we have some twin talkgroups on the "Live Oak, Converse, Selma, Universal City, Schertz, Timbuktu TRS."

If I could get a little assistance positively identifying these it'd help (this is my least favorite trunking system to monitor, and I spend about 20 minutes total (daily) travelling through the area, so I'm not much help in this area).

I believe once Live Oak rebanded they switched up a lot of talkgroups (actually, that much I know), and when they switched up some of the talkgroup ids, some orphans remained...

279- ConverseFD Tac 3
279- Shared Fire Tactical

353- UCFD Tac
353- LO/ConversePD Ops

354- LO/ConversePD Ops
354- SchertzFD Tac

I caught a ton of new talkgroups the first few days after rebanding that I haven't heard since. Most of these are 1 or 2 ids away (numerically) from a bunch of other identified tgrps.

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
Here is my talkgroup list for the Live Oak TRS.

273 Live Oak pd ch 1
274 Live Oak Police ERT
275 Live Oak pd traffic
276 event 1
277 Selma Fire tac
278 Live Oak fire tac
279 Converse fire tac
306 Live Oak Police CID
307 Live Oak fire ch 1
322 Converse cid
323 Converse fire ch 1
325 Converse PD 2-(Also heard Animal Control using this)
334 Converse pd ch 1
335 Converse PD Traffic
339 Selma fire ch 1
340 Selma fire trainning
341 Selma pd ch 2
353 Universal City Fire TAC
354 Schertz Fire TAC
369 Schertz EMS 1
537 Event 4
610 JISD
614 Live Oak pd ch 2
625 Universal City fire 1
626 Universal City public Works
628 Universal City pd ch 1
700 Schertz pd ch 1
702 Schertz pd ch 4
705 Schertz eoc
706 Schertz Fire EMS ch 1
707 Schertz fire 1
708 Schertz EMS 2
709 Schertz fire 2
710 Schertz aco
716 Schertz Cibolo Universal City ISD
719 Schertz Cibolo Universal City ISD pd ch 1
722 Schertz Cibolo Universal City ISD
728 Selma Public Works

Donald Harkins

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
728 Selma Public Works

Don, as I posted last year, every address I've heard on this is in Universal City and it's definitely code enforcement traffic (talk of permits, code violations, etc.). Do you know if this talkgroup is used by both UC Code Enforcement and Selma PW?

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
I heard the Live Oak dispatcher talking on this tg. Universal City has their own dispatchers. Some streets are shared between Selma and Universal city.

Donald Harkins

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I heard the Live Oak dispatcher talking on this tg. Universal City has their own dispatchers. Some streets are shared between Selma and Universal city.

So are you saying we need to listen more, or that this is decidedly not a UC tgrp? I'll listen more, but in the past I've googled 3-4 addresses heard on this tgrp and they all came back in UC.

Status
Not open for further replies.