Live Oak new computers and consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
City of Live Oak dispatch is installing new consoles and getting new computers this week which is screwing up the officers trying to run local area warrents on suspects. Heard a Selma Sgt. running someone for local checks(which for them means a check through Live Oak, Converse, UC and Schertz) through Converse dispatch on Event 1 TG 276. The Live Oak dispatcher said she can check Selma local warrents but not Live Oaks yet(strange since the dispatcher is Live Oak). Live Oak and Selma fire have new tones also with the new consoles.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Interesting, New Braunfels is having problems today also, console problems of some sort. Still running checks though.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
The Live Oak dispatcher said she can check Selma local warrents but not Live Oaks yet(strange since the dispatcher is Live Oak).
Sounds like Bexar County doesn't have a regional warrants database. Down here in HGAC we have SETCIC (SouthEast Texas Criminal Information Computer) and CAPEAS which are shared by almost every police department in the region.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
The other agencies in the area can check for all local warrants and TCIC/NCIC I just think with during the installation of new computers it took them down from certain local checks

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Live Oak Radio Testing

On the Live Oak system today radio techs are testing and programing new LID's on radios on TG 308..I don't know if someone new is joining the Live Oak system or if users are getting new radios with new ID numbers.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Yeah it has been going on most of the day..testing the radio and programing new radio ID numbers or LID's. Live Oak dispatch is testing the console on the Traffic channel in between calls also. I don't know if everyone is getting new radios with new ID's or if only a certain few are like FD or something like that

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
If it follows the rest of the talkgroups it is a Live Oak group since TG 307 is Live Oak Fire and 306 is LOPD CID. I think it is an EOC channel that they never use so the radio techs could use it for testing etc...Also have you noticed that the LO dispatcher sounds really low and kinda garbled sometimes on ch. 1. guess they are still working the kinks out on the consoles

scrotumola

It was my understanding that the Live Oak dispatchers have been dispatching from Bexar Metro 911 in Shavano Park, aka the REOC (Regional Emergency Operations Center) which is a redundant 911 dispatch location.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Was this a recent move? As far as I know they were still dispatching from there dispatch center right next to there FD. They had a big set up when I got a tour about year ago and all the changes with the radios have happend in the past two days.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Looks like scrotumola is right on the money, heard dispatchers working out the kinks on there headsets and console mic's and someone called "com 1" was letting them know about metro 911 coming in and servicing the radios. Also an officer asked dispatch if she could open there sallie port and she said she no longer has access to that so I guess they have moved. Now it seem things are harder for Selma and Live Oak units that they have to switch to a different channel and have Converse run warrent checks and everything else when needed. Seems the officers are doing a lot more on there computers now from the car then before, but still a very weird thing to move dispatch ops way over there and not be able to check anything for your officers.

scrotumola

What is odd is that the REOC is supposed to be a 100% redundant communications backup of the other PSAPs (Public Safety Answering Points) in the Bexar Metro 911 district. Aside from local console relay switches which enable 'opening the sallyport doors,' all other telephonic and radio functionality should be supported from this remote facility.

I do not know the reasoning for the relocation, how temporary it is, etc. But I do know that the dispatch facility and the building that it sits in is less than 15 years old. Within 2 or 3 years of being built, there were significant foundation issues which caused sizeable cracks in the dispatch office's walls. I can only surmise that things further deteriorated to the extent that the REOC had to be used.

~S~

Status
Not open for further replies.