Live Oak's scat system is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC5267

I saw that also, UC rarley used it I can pick it up over here in Selma. I also know the dispatchers were testing new consoles the other day and test toning Live Oak and Selma Fire. Still haven't heard anything from some upper level PD friends about going digital, I know some officers in Converse still use MPA portables and I know those can't carry provoice. Maybe there just trying to save money and saw it was not worth maintaining the scat site.

NC5267

I think everyone in Live Oak is upgrading there portables to Jaguar radios, a few officers have them but a lot still have the lpe ones. they might be trying to increase the output power of the tower also which would help all the users of the system, even here in Selma there are some pretty bad dead spots.

Michael-SATX

Will SCAT freq now perhaps return to be LCN # 10 on the EDACS TRS ?

Will SCAT freq now perhaps return to be LCN # 10 on the Live Oak EDACS TRS like it used to be?

I'll just have to program this freq and watch my hit counter to lQQk for any activity on 853.9125 ...
Also, since it's dead I may program it anyway as LCN10 and it should stay dormant until
perhaps the day that this old LCN is ever re-installed (if ever) in position LCN10 right ?

Bottom Line: Does anybody see a down-side to having 853.9125 programed as LCN10 when they only use LCN1 thru LCN9 ?
Now on the other hand, if they turn back on their SCAT site, then my scanner may try to lock onto that SCAT freq (LCN1) in position 10 and
not perhaps track the actual control channel (today is LCN1=851.3250 ) in use on the Live Oak TRS at the time and confuse my scanner ?

The scat system that was on 853.9125 MHz is gone. It is not being use as a voice channel at this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.