Live PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what channel is there using for live PD in Greenville and Richland County?

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Sorry my bad. What radio channels on each system are they using for direct communications?

srich10

Premium Subscriber
I think he means, what type of communication protocol/methods are they using to get crystal clear video from these "live" situations all across the country? Satellite? LTE/Cellular? "How does the video crew transmit the high-def video back to their HQ for the show?"

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
I think he means, what type of communication protocol/methods are they using to get crystal clear video from these "live" situations all across the country? Satellite? LTE/Cellular? "How does the video crew transmit the high-def video back to their HQ for the show?"

Oh !! They don't. Its "recorded" live then they play it up on the show to make it appear that it is happening right now. It happened days, sometimes weeks before.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I mean I was watching and I heard unit xxx to live PD then said 10-0.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected (one of our local PD's was recorded for the show, not live so that's why I though that)

From their wiki page:
In order to deliver live footage from the field to A&E's master control in New York City, the production uses bonded cellular technology.[12] This allows for a far less constrained and expensive production than would be possible using traditional satellite or microwave transmission technologies.[8] The bonded cellular system used on the show is designed and manufactured by AVIWEST. The system is supplied and supported by their US technology partner, VidOvation - Lake Forest, CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.