Live Remote scanning over IP from a smartphone/tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

Thanks in advance for the answers,

So here is my question,

Can I have my base scanner at my home and have it connected to my desktop so I can remotely control my scanner from my smartphone? The idea is to be able to listen to my scanner from home through my mobile phone but also me able to remotely control it to change frequencies and different banks.

For example I want to listen to channel 1 which is FD in my town but let's saw I went to the next town over and want to listen to their FD, go into my smartphone or tablet switch the channel remotely from base scanner and listen to that channel on my smartphone.

I have researched this but could only come up with recording software that allows you record your base scanner remotely but I want a live a feed or even a slight delay is fine.

If anyone can point me to right direction that would be great, thanks!

mibzzer15

What scanner do you have? If its a Uniden 396xt/996xt, you can use proscan. Web server and a remote scanner over ip function.

Danny37

What scanner do you have? If its a Uniden 396xt/996xt, you can use proscan. Web server and a remote scanner over ip function.

I'm looking into buying another scanner just for this function, as of now I have a RS Pro-163 and Uniden Homepatrol-1. Does proscan give you the ability to listen to your scanner over your smartphone/tablet and be able remotely change frequencies when needed when go into other towns?

kma371

QRT
I use TeamViewer software on my tablet and smart phone to connect to my PC and listen to scanner when I'm away from home.

I also use it for a remote scanner at my parents house in the same setup.

mibzzer15

I use my 996xt hooked up to my computer with Proscan. I then use Scanner Radio Pro on my phone (galaxy note 2) to listen to it. If I wanted to control it, I can go to a web page (your own IP address and port #) and control it from there, and that includes access to recordings if you wish to use that feature. it is also password protected if you wanted to. More info from the proscan website here, ProScan

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I use a combination of teamviewer and zello. I use teamviewer for when I want to change the channel / talkgroup and I feed audio through zello so I don't have to have constant streaming. Zello is also nice because you can play back message history if you missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.