Livesportsradio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I was at a football game and bought a LiveSportsRadio to hear the play-by-play. It works great, they retransmit the regular station carrying the game throughout the stadium for perfect reception. I checked their website though (Live Sports Radio Website) and it says they need to be re-programmed every season and they charge extra. I was thinking if I know what freqs they used I could try to pick up their transmissions with a scanner instead. So anyone know what freqs it could be on?

Last edited:

qlajlu

Silent Key
Part of the fun of the scanning hobby is searching out frequencies. Why not take your Pro-106 with you to the next game and do a frequency search? It would add another level of enjoyment to your listening if you were able to find it on your own and you could have boasting rights when you shared the information. Just a thought.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
I have to ask... why would you need to buy a special radio to listen to the play-by-play that's already on the FM or AM band? Let's say you're at Alabama and you want to listen to their play-by-play... without a doubt there would be a local radio station already broadcasting the play-by-play.

n5ims

It appears that this company licenses special purpose low power FM broadcast transmitters to broadcast the live feed within the stadium. This feed is apparently the same feed used by the local broadcaster, but does not have the added delay to sync the normal and HD signals. This delay is necessary to compensate for the 7.9 to 8.5 seconds the digital conversion and processing takes. If you listen to the standard radio station broadcast at a baseball game, you'll watch them get tagged out at first while listening to the announcer tells you that the pitcher is just starting his wind up. This is what generated the market for these types of radios.

One thing you may try it to bring a standard AM/FM radio and tune around to find the broadcast. It's most likely in the open and on the FM band generally near the low or high end of the band. Often times the stadium will give out the frequency when asked (if you can find someone that know what you're asking for anyway).

SCPD

QRT
theyre good for indoor stadiums where reception of regular AM or FM signals is difficult. With my regular portable radio I had alot of static. but with this one its perfectly clear. plus according to their website, you can hear your team's announcers on it at their road games too, impossible with a regular radio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.