Livingston County & 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenom

Wondering if someone can help me out. I got a 396XT scanner and I used ProScan to set it up. I have the one "Site" which is Howell. I then added the livingston county FD/PD trunk groups. I can hear most if not all of the FD/PD stuff in Livingston County. The problem is that I am also getting EMS from the east side, PD calls from Milan etc. I didn't choose any of those.

On the scanner it just says like ID: 2191. No other text or description. Do I have this thing setup right?

Am i correct that a "Site" is just the closest tower to me? From there I choose the talk groups?

Not sure if I have this thing setup right or not , but it "somewhat" works :)

TIA,
Andy

a29zuk

Wondering if someone can help me out. I got a 396XT scanner and I used ProScan to set it up. I have the one "Site" which is Howell. I then added the livingston county FD/PD trunk groups. I can hear most if not all of the FD/PD stuff in Livingston County. The problem is that I am also getting EMS from the east side, PD calls from Milan etc. I didn't choose any of those.

On the scanner it just says like ID: 2191. No other text or description. Do I have this thing setup right?

Am i correct that a "Site" is just the closest tower to me? From there I choose the talk groups?

Not sure if I have this thing setup right or not , but it "somewhat" works :)

TIA,
Andy

Sounds like you have your system on "ID Search" This allows the scanner to receiver all of the talkgroups on the site you have programmed.

Change your system to "ID Scan" and you will receive only the talkgroups that you have programmed.

Good Luck,
Jim

Last edited:

Bulletbling

I also live here in Howell. Whats your name? Maybe I know you, lol. I live off of county farm and sexton.

Status
Not open for further replies.