Livingston County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2hz

Database Admin
Reception of the Livingston County P25 system in Monroe County has always been very limited. At my location signals were weak and fading and mostly unreadable even on my SDS100. Something has recently changed. The signal is now solid reception with only a VHF rubber duck antenna. The SDS100 is showing RSSI of around -80 vs typically less than -110 before.

They must have added a new site but there are no recent license modifications that would account for the change. The most recent licensed additional sites at Nunda, N Dansville and Geneseo would not affect Monroe County. I believe there was some discussion about adding a site to improve coverage in the Avon/Lima area but I never saw any license activity for such a site.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
I just checked and I'm also now able to receive them in the house on my SDS200 with an antenna in the attic, but not with my SDS100 with a Remtronix's 842S antenna.

k2hz

Database Admin
Jakman Hill perhaps? Tower was recently replaced.
It could be the Jackman site but signal increase in the Brighton area of Monroe County is 30db or better. I have not seen any change in license info for the site from the original application. Possibly the original buildout was temporary with very low power and antenna height. A 30db change is pretty dramatic if it is from the same site. The new strong signal does seem to be from that NE corner of Livingston County.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
I was able to receive Livingston county from in my truck with my 436HP and REM842S in BJ's parking lot in Greece with 3 bars.

hfd26

The jackman Hill tower was replaced with a taller tower and omni directional antennas. It was to improve signal in lima, parts of 390 and east avon.

Status
Not open for further replies.