Livingston Parish Sheriff and Fire on LWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
I can not afford a digital scanner, and I am discourage cause the price is not coming down, so at this point to me its just dead, fd and pd so and lsp going 700 mhz, and its out of reach for me.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
There are PRO-106's, PSR-500's etc for not to bad a price on e-bay, and the for sales listings here. Also BCD396/996, and the XT versions. Now that the BCD436/536HP's are out, and the new Whistler's are showing up, pricing is starting to get realistic.

CajunMoon

Talk group 20013 is LPSO's River Patrol channel. They have been using it this weekend for the Tickfaw 200 Boat Poker run.

Talk group 20000 is their "Tac 1" channel, and talk group 20002 is their "Tac 2". Those two would replace 450.050 and 450.125 if and when they move over to LWIN.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
First and only warning! Take any sales/trades etc to the proper forums. TY for your cooperation fellas.:cool:

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Livingston parish

They need to go to 700 MHz in Livingston so they have a new radio system to go with the new jail they are building.

red8

LP SO Charlie. DSPD reception is fair here in Denham. But the closer you get to downtown BR, it's starts to get scratchy when you get around I 10 and College.

charlie12

LP SO Charlie. DSPD reception is fair here in Denham. But the closer you get to downtown BR, it's starts to get scratchy when you get around I 10 and College.

Ok got you now. A buddy that works for DSPD told me awhile back that DSPD has a antenna for Tac 1 in one place and Tac 2 in another.
He said when he takes a prisoner to Livingston to the jail he would have to switch to DSPD Tac 2 to be able to talk to his office. The Tac 1 channel wouldn't cut it.

CajunMoon

I was listening to LPSO yesterday on 460, I didn't know how the dispatcher was understanding what was being said because if it being so scratchy. Also have friends in the fire departments who say that they are having to use the 700's because the dispatcher can't hear their 450 radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.