Livonia PD MPSCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadman1977

I don't like listening to Livona PD on their EDACS system because the audio is too low. I have not heard any traffic on Livonia's MPSCS channel. When are they moving over to MPSCS??

I don't like listening to Livona PD on their EDACS system because the audio is too low. I have not heard any traffic on Livonia's MPSCS channel. When are they moving over to MPSCS??

Current plans call for the city of Livonia to begin switching over the MPSCS within the next 30-45 days. Once the first phase is completed, the old Ericsson EDACS TRS will be taken offline. Then the new Motorola equipment will go online as part of the second phase, once permission is granted from the FCC. At present, only the two Wayne County sites on Merriman Road and at Metro Airport are licensed to operate on many of the frequencies that will be used as part of this simulcast system. However, plans are in the works to share the old Livonia 800 MHz EDACS frequency pairs with two other towers in Wayne County.

Look at pg.8 and it shows they filed on 08/05/2011. http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2011/db0810/DOC-308977A1.pdf

So it has been about two months since they filed. Maybe Thunderbolt can give us some more information.

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I know the license for their microwave backbone was approved by the FCC this past summer. They should have filed their STA for the voice channels in the 800 MHz band, but as of today they still haven't submitted any paperwork for that process. Hopefully, Livonia will complete this process very soon.

73s

Ron

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Since the EDACS is going to go offline, anyone know what LFD is gonna do? Are they hopping aboard MPSCS as well?

It is my understanding that they are indeed going to the MPSCS. They will probably be included in either Phase 1 or 2. The PD will be the first to changeover to the new system.

73s

Ron

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Looking back in the logs is a pain, but I searched enough to find several radio used on 82LVPD911:

Those are just some the recent ones- seen in the just the past few days. Lots of other radios look like they haven't been seen in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.