• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

LLLLLLet's get ready to RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
OK, gang - looks like it's about to get wild and wooly in the middle east again. Well, wilder than usual anyway.

Place your bets. In the next 90 days we will be:

A. Walking to work because no one can afford gas.
B. At war with Iran, Syria or both.
C. Mopping Israel up with a pail and a sponge.
D. Reeling from another 9-11 style attack
E. CNN Pipeline subscribers (isn't that service just the shizznit? I likey. I likey alot.)
F. All of the above.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Hey man... all I wanna do is BICYCLE, BICYCLE...

I hope they don't nuke or it could really get ugly.

Forget CNN, FOX is the way to go.

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
DaveIN said:
Forget CNN, FOX is the way to go.
:roll: Yeah Fox is impartial...NOT.....no thanks....and NO I don't like CNN either....I think CNN/MSNBC/FOX are all biased...CNN/MSNBC for the Far Left Wackos and Fox for the Far Right Wackos...countdown until I get painted with the "unpatriotic Left Leaning Liberal" label even though I am not one....

scnnr

A. Walking to work because no one can afford gas.
That don't bother me one bit. I sold the gas eater last year when I took early retirment. I am "GREEN" now. Ride the bike and transit.. I am sick and tired of all the Greed and Wackers in the world today.

DaveNF2G

Premium Subscriber
If the war between Israel and Lebanon follows the general pattern of the Six Day War, then we probably don't have much to worry about.

(If you don't know what the Six Day War was, go look it up.)

As long as third parties stay out of it, the situation will probably end fairly soon without triggering a wider war.

mciupa

DB Administrator
Most likely :
Place your bets. In the next 90 days we will be:
B. At war with Iran, Syria or both.
"Sharif don't like it - "

:twisted: Rock the Casbah . . . Rock the Casbah :twisted:

USAPatriot

I made a bunch of predictions on my board yesterday regarding this and so far have only missed one. I predicted we'd get up this morning and likely hear that Israel had bombed somewhere inside Syria. The further prediction on that note was that 24 hours later Damascus itself would get hit.

http://www.usapatriotsamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2234

Honestly, I don't know why they haven't done it. With all the noises being made about Syria and Iran, one would have expected them to follow up on it. Or maybe I'm just 24 hours early ;) -Rod-

red8

all of the above

I THINK IT IS ALL OF THE ABOVE, HOWEVER TO THE LIBERALS FOX
NEWS IS BIAS, I DO NOT FINDTHEM BIAS. OUT OF ALL THE CABLE
NEWS SERVICES, I HAVE FOUND THAT FOX NEWS IS FAR MORE FAIR AND BALANCD THAN CNN OR MSNBC, AND CNBC. I MEAN
A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO BILL O'RIELLY HAD ON JOHN KERRY,
AND I KNOW CCN, MSNBC OR CNBC WOULD INTERVIEW THE PRESIDENT ON THEIR NEWS NETWORKS. BY THE WAY I RIDE A
MOTORCYCLE WHICH GETS 40 MILES TO THE GALLON. I GO ABOUT
200 MILES ON A TANK OF GAS

red8

bonus1331

Don't get to panicked. This war between Israel and Lebanon/Palestine has been going on since the late 40's when Israel became a country.
I'm 43 and can't remember when these two weren't go after each other.
It's nice to see that the other "never-ending war" between the Catholics and Protestants of Ireland has finally subsided.

STiMULi

red8 said:
I THINK IT IS ALL OF THE ABOVE, HOWEVER TO THE LIBERALS FOX
NEWS IS BIAS, I DO NOT FINDTHEM BIAS. OUT OF ALL THE CABLE
NEWS SERVICES, I HAVE FOUND THAT FOX NEWS IS FAR MORE FAIR AND BALANCD THAN CNN OR MSNBC, AND CNBC. I MEAN
A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO BILL O'RIELLY HAD ON JOHN KERRY,
AND I KNOW CCN, MSNBC OR CNBC WOULD INTERVIEW THE PRESIDENT ON THEIR NEWS NETWORKS. BY THE WAY I RIDE A
MOTORCYCLE WHICH GETS 40 MILES TO THE GALLON. I GO ABOUT
200 MILES ON A TANK OF GAS

red8

WHAT'D HE SAY?!!!​

This is not a teletype or NWS. Try the shift key every now and then.

BTW I agree with you :)

USAPatriot

Well, you have to make a distinction between news and opinion. News is news and almost all of the news outlets get their news from the exact same wire services. Reporters in the field witness events and relay the information to us. So long as they stick with the facts ("ten people were killed in an airstrike today...") then it's just news.

Opinion is another matter. There's no such thing as an unbiased opinion. There's no wrong opinion, there's no right opinion. An opinion is subjective, even if it's formulated on facts. If you're on the right you'd probably prefer to watch FOX. If you're on the left, then you'd probably prefer CNN or MSNBC. Some are better at presenting both sides of an issue than others while some only want to present their side. If you're screaming about how bad one channel is, you're simply watching the wrong program. Change the channel. -Rod-

cristisphoto

Yeeeep

I don't much Buuut
I know ANY of those SOB"s f--ed with US the USA Hoo Rah!!lol
They'll be on they knees suckin like a HO in an Alley lol

SO I say bring it on

I like to watch they bodies being picked up on Ogrish.com anways
soooo
lol
USA USA USA

Regards,
Crista

Napalm

LMFAO.

I think this is one war the USA needs to stay out of.

I'm waiting for Lebanon to say "HELP OMFG" to it's Arab neighbours. Then Israel will be in a world of sh!!.

As long as we (NATO / The West) stay out of it, I'm happy - I just hope the nuclear fallout blows in the other direction.... where's my tin helmet when I need it?

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I say let Israel do what she does best - untethered.

As far as the gas, we're looking at a couple of new FJR1300s anyway. Same range as my Tacoma at 1/3 the cost. Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Last edited:

STiMULi

datainmotion said:
As far as the gas, we're looking at a couple of new FJR1300s anyway. Same range as my Tacoma at 1/3 the cost. Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Instead of Weeeeeeeeeeeee. I say Himmmmmmmmmmmm :)

SCPD

Napalm said:
LMFAO.

I think this is one war the USA needs to stay out of.

I'm waiting for Lebanon to say "HELP OMFG" to it's Arab neighbours. Then Israel will be in a world of sh!!.

As long as we (NATO / The West) stay out of it, I'm happy - I just hope the nuclear fallout blows in the other direction.... where's my tin helmet when I need it?

I think the US is the ones keeping Israel in check most of the time. This time may be very different. The Bush administration is advocating restraint on the part of the Israelis, but this time it may not work. It's long been rumored that Israel has nuclear weapons in their arsenal, although they have never confirmed or denied that rumor. I think they only reason they haven't used it in the past is because of the US and its ability to keep Israel in check.

Again, this go around may be a different story, especially if Hezbollah mounts some major offensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.