LMPD Urban Channel 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StinkyB

I hear LMPD dispatchers telling officers to go to Channel 8, but I never hear anything. RR database shows it to be 460.17500 CT 192.8. Has anyone heard any traffic on this frequency?

jerk

StinkyB said:
I hear LMPD dispatchers telling officers to go to Channel 8, but I never hear anything. RR database shows it to be 460.17500 CT 192.8. Has anyone heard any traffic on this frequency?
I think it's simplex mobile to mobile, and the PL could have changed?
Not sure about that, but it is simplex s far as I know.

StinkyB

So being mobile to mobile means there is a limited range?, I have left the Pl tone out thinking in might have changed. Sounds like I have to be right on top of them to hear them. Thanks newsalan!!!!

jerk

StinkyB said:
So being mobile to mobile means there is a limited range?, I have left the Pl tone out thinking in might have changed. Sounds like I have to be right on top of them to hear them. Thanks newsalan!!!!
I would also check Med Ch 8, EMS used to use as administrative stuff... Who knows.
Metro likes to hide in plain site.

Last edited:

StinkyB

newsalan said:
I would also check Med Ch 8, EMS used to use as administrative stuff... Who knows.
Metro likes to hide in plain site.

Nice!, Keep it interesting for us!

BigDog-911

When Metrosafe tells a unit to go to Channel 8 it is usually because another officer had asked them to switch and they didn't hear them.

EMS channel 8 is used exclusively for EMS Unit to Hospital transmissions.

In very very rare occasions do the services "cross over" and use other channels.

Urban channel 8 is a simplex channel and the pl's should still be the same. To change pl's would entail changing several radios, both mobile and portables.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.