LNA?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey
I need an LNA or something else to Power the Signal Up.
Is there any product on the Market who is ready to use?
I found many but the ned to solder a power jack on and ned some additional Power whatever....
Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
LNA = Low noise amplifier

Before you go that route, do one thing - improve your antenna and feedline. That will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

Adding an amplifier can increase noise and sometimes overload the radio, even a SDR.

Mike

Your_account

Banned
i use an directional Antenna and an 1m Cabel who made by an Ham Radio Shop.
In many Youtube Video the say its important to use an for some "Antennas".

br0adband

The point that ka3jjz (and many others) make with respect to LNAs is make sure you have the best antenna setup that you can manage before considering getting an LNA - it's not always going to the best solution or addition to a configuration in all situations. Sure, it's great to be able to have stronger signals, but if you have a crappy antenna setup that's inefficient for the particular type of transmissions that you're hoping to monitor, adding an LNA into such a situation isn't going to really help much.

It would be like having a crappy car stereo system (head unit + speakers) and then throwing in a huge 500 watt power amplifier thinking "this is gonna make it sound better" - all you're going to end up doing is having a more powerful system that makes the crappy audio louder than it was before: "Boy, that distortion is crystal clear now that I've put that amp in!" :D

Your_account

Banned
I ned for the LNB some Power how is the Name for that Power whatever?!

Status
Not open for further replies.