Loading scanner from computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dswaddling

I'm new here, and not sure whether my question belongs in this Forum or the ones for GRE Scanner or Programming. But, here it is...

I have a GRE PSR-300, Butel ARC300 software, and Radio Shack 20-047 cable. Everything seems to be working fine, except that I can't load the scanner from the software. Here are the symptoms: When the cable is plugged into the scanner, the scanner screen reads "** CLONE MODE **, Press UP to send, Remove cable to exit." I think this is O.K. When I click the software button to read from the scanner, the scanner screen goes to "** CLONE MODE **, Sending data..." and the feedback boxes fill showing the data being transferred. This is also O.K., because the data from the scanner successfully goes to the software database. BUT, when I click the software button to read from the computer and load the scanner, the scanner screen goes to "** CLONE MODE **, Incorrect Mode1!, Remove cable" and, nothing gets loaded to the scanner.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or, if not, where I can go to find out? Thank you!

SCPD

QRT
make sure the Comport in the software match the 1 shown under comports in devicee manager , ALso install the driver for the cable BEFORE you insert the cable

dswaddling

Received an explanation from Butel

Yes, it was a match between the software and the firmware version in the Scanner. I emailed Butel and they responded with the answer. The firmware version has to be marked properly in the dialog box in the software - and, then, everything works great!

Evert

…… when I click the software button to read from the computer and load the scanner, the scanner screen goes to "** CLONE MODE **, Incorrect Mode1!, Remove cable" and, nothing gets loaded to the scanner.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or, if not, where I can go to find out? Thank you!

I get the same result on my Pro-97 if I select the wrong scanner when I send data from Win97.

If ARC300 is like Win97 it will have choices of more than one scanner model when you send data to a scanner. Make sure you are choosing the right one.

EDIT: OOPs- I did not see that you made a new post while I was working on the above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.