loading TGID's in sentinel software

Status
Not open for further replies.

firenutts

Awaiting my new 436. I have down loaded sentinel and built my favorites list, but unable to figure out how to load my TGID's. I was hoping to import them from my free scan program. I can't figure out how to manually enter them. anybody able to help?

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've found that you can copy data from other programming software and paste the data into Sentinel. What I did was get the basics of the system that I wanted using the Sentinel master database, then did my editing from my ARC-XT software. I'm sure Freescan is similar as it has a grid layout like ARC-XT.

Unfortunately you have to do one column at a time (or at least that's what I found I had to do).

If you have a computer with dual screens it is helpful because you can hae Sentinel open in one and Freescan in the other.

Be sure to select the appropriate Service Type in Sentinel for the newly added channels.

troymail

Silent Key
That doesn't let you input TGIDs though. Only regular conventional frequencies. I've been having the same problem.

Hopefully, you've already created a favorites list and added at least one trunked radio system to that favorites list.

When you hit the STAR, you are asked to select a favorites list to edit. Then you can select a trunked system "department" (group of talkgroups like "Police") in the favorites list. The channels (talkgroups) panel should be displayed. Click the PLUS sign at the top to add a row....

NJParamedic

Hopefully, you've already created a favorites list and added at least one trunked radio system to that favorites list.

When you hit the STAR, you are asked to select a favorites list to edit. Then you can select a trunked system "department" (group of talkgroups like "Police") in the favorites list. The channels (talkgroups) panel should be displayed. Click the PLUS sign at the top to add a row....

So you can't have a mix of trunked and non-trunked systems together in 1 FL?

firenutts

so the only way I have figured out to add TIGD's (for a single digital frquency) is to add a "Department" make it a P25 one frequency Dept. then I was able to make the unit id list. Does this sound about right to anyone? Still panting waiting for my scanner.

Hit_Factor

First level is name of profile
Second is name of system
Third is departments - police, fire, public works. These contain tgids & labels.

Also at the third level create a site with the freqs.

This works for me, but I'm stilling learning how not to program like a psr500.

Second level can have multiple systems, digital and analog.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
this helped with with transfer

Awaiting my new 436. I have down loaded sentinel and built my favorites list, but unable to figure out how to load my TGID's. I was hoping to import them from my free scan program. I can't figure out how to manually enter them. anybody able to help?

I had the same problem from coping freescan data to sentinel, what i did was copy from freescan, paste it into Microsoft Excel. once you do that i add a column in between "display" and "TGID". after you do that make sure you have the same amount of cells on the sentinel program, copy just the first three columns (A,B,C) and paste them into sentinel. thats what i do, the only downfall is that it will not convert over the audio option/tone (CTCSS/NAC code) but this helps out a lot for not messing up freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.