BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Local analog transmissions

Rtoft

This may have been discussed, but I haven't seen anything. I have the BCD436HP and just bought a BC125At because the 436 keeps missing my local analog transmissions, seems to be constantly scanning the MARCS systems and the State is the only ones using it in my area. Is there anyway to limit all of the counties that the 436 is scanning? I tried cancelling them but is still seems to be scanning them.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I have not "heard" one digital scanner that performed as well as the GRE PSR 500 on analog.

When I questioned the performance of the SDS 100/436HP models specific to analog, mostly VHF transmissions, I was informed that these radios were designed with emphasis on digital transmissions.

I noticed a slight improvement on the SDS 100 specific to analog transmissions.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I have not "heard" one digital scanner that performed as well as the GRE PSR 500 on analog.

When I questioned the performance of the SDS 100/436HP models specific to analog, mostly VHF transmissions, I was informed that these radios were designed with emphasis on digital transmissions.

I noticed a slight improvement on the SDS 100 specific to analog transmissions.
A little "analog trick" on the SDS series scanners. When programming it yourself, change all the frequencies from Auto to FM Modulation, add +2 to +3 on Volume Offset (to compensate for the audio drop you'll experience) , utilize filters ONLY on the analog system(s) you wish to listen. The filters might take a little trial and error, but I've had much success programming this way, and can confirm compared to my 536hp that used to sit in the same place, on the same external antenna, my SDS200 has equated or in some instances surpassed the reception from my 536hp. The SDS scanners do work on analog systems, but takes a little more effort and patience to achieve the goal.

Now...if you're appending and not programming your own favorite lists (self-programming), then all the above information is useless.