Local dispatch heard on XTS but not scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubs0980

So a local p25 simulcast city dispatch that has worked for at least a year on my 396xt goes silent at night sometimes according to my buddy that records with a psr-800. Turns out I experienced the same thing last night. I was programming my 436hp and it wasn't picking and TG traffic at all for the department when the XTS3000 would just fine. I thought it was a programming issue until I cranked up the trusty 396xt...and nothing either. This morning however everything is back to normal and all the channels are working as typical.

The XTS3000 is just a scan only setup and I'm pretty sure there is no encryption board in the thing let alone any official encryption programming from the department or system admin. Control channels for the system seem to be normal last night too. Its Indiana SafeT in St. Joseph county and the department is South Bend Police.

Any idea how or what is going on?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Since this is a Regional question, I've moved your post to the Indiana forum.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
The Dispatcher probably keys up on multiple talk groups. This creates a temporary patch while the dispatcher is keyed up the patch will go away once the dispatcher stop transmitting and repeaters have dropped.

Uniden scanners have known problem with patches on some trunking system, mainly P25 9600 baud systems.

If you have Pro96com hook you scanner up to it and see if there are any patches when the dispatcher is talking. It will show all the talk groups the dispatcher is keying up on you will need to program them into your scanner to hear them.

If this is the problem you will hear the dispatcher and unit on separate talk groups.

troymail

Silent Key
I think someone else reported a similar situation not that long ago. Try running in ID SEARCH mode and search for the possibility they are using a different talkgroup during those times....

dubs0980

Happening right now. XTS is picking it up. Mishawaka Rebroadcast is picking it up but scanner isnt pulling any south bend police. Would the 436hp and psr-800 automatically decode phase II if they were trying that at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.