Local Distributors

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacherjoe

Hey,

Are there any local distributors? I'm looking at getting back into scanning. Pretty much know what I want for a set up.... maybe.....LOL.... but am wondering the cost difference over buying at Radio Shack in the US or ScannerMaster?

Any thoughts?

Joe

MotownJG

Premium Subscriber
RS vs. ??????////

i've done both - used the Rat Shack stuff and ordered from others over the internet. I'll stick with whatever place has somebody who's knowledgeable and can answer any questions I have. If RS doesn't have anybody who knows scanning, then they're probably not much better than ordering over the internet.

When I add taxes and shipping, IMHO the cost difference usually is negligble, especially if you wait until they're on sale at the Shack.

YMMV>

ve1sef

There are retailers here in the maritimes.
There's a company in Bridgewater call Littlemac(littlemac@eastlink.ca), he has a web-page.
There also one in New Glasgow called Nu-Com Communications , 902-755-1011.
Outside of the maritimes look up either Durhan Radio or Radio World, both have web pages.
I belive that you can order scanners thur "The Source" . Check out there web-site as well.
Dealing with a Canadian retail also insures you get the Industry Canada approved model.

CBFD

Nu Com is the most expensive retailer for GRE scanners... he want 795.00 + Tax is what he told me one day and told him he was nuts!

I can get you GRECOM for 550.00 taxes and programming in

Status
Not open for further replies.