Local news media freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noahyc

Can anyone recommend good NYC/NJ media freqs to monitor?

I never really had any luck and usually the freqs I have for CBS/NBC are silent.

What do the media use these freqs for?

Thanks in advance

DJ88

NYC media frequencies are here:
http://www.n2nov.net/nycmedia.html

News 12 New Jersey Helicopter
Operates on a 1 frequency LTR Trunk System:
Frequency: 461.400 (Repeater)
Home Repeater (LCN): 4
Talk Group: 0-04-150

The chopper also uses the input to 461.400, 464.400, in simplex mode when talking to Edison base. It's based at Farmingdale Airport in Farmingdale, Long Island. When talking to Long Island base it uses 455.6375 PL 103.5.

Last edited:

noahyc

Thanks. Are those media freqs very active? I have never heard anything on the NYC freqs. What do they transmit on there? Anyone ever heard anything interesting?

comspec

Thanks. Are those media freqs very active? I have never heard anything on the NYC freqs. What do they transmit on there? Anyone ever heard anything interesting?

I would not consider them active, but every now and them I hear some activity on them. Also, some of it is encrypted. I guess with the media being so competitive, they do not want the other stations knowing what they are up to.

What little I have heard is usually someone coordinating with someone for a 'live shot'. Talk about what tower to relay to, etc. etc. Seems to be one of the few things where the radio help expedite the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.