Local Parish Public Safety are almost all encrypted......

N1JWW

The main reason, I purchase the SDS-100 was to hear my local Parish Public Safety agency. I now know I can't because the Code is DE on Radio Reference. I checked other highly populated areas here in Louisiana and it looks like most Parishes are encrypted.

Any users in Louisiana understand something I am missing. I am getting all Fire and EMS here in Calcasieu Parish.

Jeff

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Encrypted transmissions cannot be picked up by and scanner nor any receiver not affiliated with & intended to operate on the system, PERIOD. Just be happy that Fire & EMS are still in the clear.

Hovering your mouse cursor over the "Mode" column gives you information about what the different modes mean. "DE" = fully encrypted. "De" = partially encrypted. "D" means clear
1669829059125.png

Last edited:

CajunIrish

The main reason, I purchase the SDS-100 was to hear my local Parish Public Safety agency. I now know I can't because the Code is DE on Radio Reference. I checked other highly populated areas here in Louisiana and it looks like most Parishes are encrypted.

Any users in Louisiana understand something I am missing. I am getting all Fire and EMS here in Calcasieu Parish.

Jeff
Your ever get it working?

red8

I have a Trx-1, and live just outside Baton Rouge, there several talk groups with full encryption, the BRPD has their main dispatch partially encrypted,while special events, traffic ops and tactical ops are full encrypted, EBR Sheriff is set up the same as well as Baker. In Livingston, Denham Springs, Walker are clear , while occasionally Port Vincent uses their channel, while LPSO still the antiquated 460 UHF SYSTEM A K A the two tin cans and string.

charlie12

I have a Trx-1, and live just outside Baton Rouge, there several talk groups with full encryption, the BRPD has their main dispatch partially encrypted,while special events, traffic ops and tactical ops are full encrypted, EBR Sheriff is set up the same as well as Baker. In Livingston, Denham Springs, Walker are clear , while occasionally Port Vincent uses their channel, while LPSO still the antiquated 460 UHF SYSTEM A K A the two tin cans and string.
I'm glad LPSO is still using the 460 stuff. I probably have 10 ham radios I just to listen to them daily. I wish DSPD was still on UHF