Local PD, FD and EMS Activity NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottier1

I have a try & buy opportunity from a friend on a BDC436HP. I live in NYC [Manhattan] and all I want is to be able to know what is going on every time I hear a siren pass by my window [this happens a lot] so we're talking NYPD, NYFD and EMS. I only want my specific precincts. After watching several YouTube videos, I am lost. Is it possible to listen to specific precincts only? I looked at some programming services but I hate to spend upwards of $60 only to find I still don't have what I want. Is this scanner overkill? Is there a better way? Any thoughts? I am the definition of the word, novice. TIA.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to listen to specific precincts only? I
Yes. Though without knowing your specific NYPD precinct(s) of interest in Manhattan I can point you to the list in the RR database here

For FDNY Manhattan. The 485 frequency can only be received in extreme close proximity to a fireground (blocks at the most?)
482.10625WQFH238B146.2 PLFDNY MN DispatchManhattan DispatchFMNFire Dispatch
485.10625WQFH239MFDNY MN MobilesManhattan MobilesFMNFire Dispatch

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
FDNY is one dispatch channel per borough, and FDNY*EMS is split into north, central, south in Manhattan.

Please take some time to look at the NYPD and FDNY listings in the database here, it's pretty self-evident what frequencies cover what areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.