Location Control resets "off" after updated FL write

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

Using ARC536PRO I am updating the only one Favorites List I created. I am doing frequent FL updated file writes to my 536. I noticed the FL files scanning were not as expected. In the 536 I selected "Managing Favorites and in "Using Location Control" saw it was set to "OFF" when previously I knew it was set to "ON". I reset it to "ON" and the 536 scanned as expected. Later I did another updated FL files transfer and again the scan did not look right. Checking "Using Location Control" again it had reset to "OFF". What is going on?

I cannot find any user option in ARC536PRO to edit that field. In Sentinel my Favorites List has location set to "yes". Having to reset the 536 location scanning from "off" to "on" every time I make a FL write from ARC536PRO is a pain.

What if anything am I doing wrong? Why won't the 536 save and maintain my profile/FL location control setting correctly?

John

phask

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like an ARC issue -unless you are reading FROM the radio.

Maybe post in the ARC sub area

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Are you running the latest version of ARC? In previous ARC builds I noticed an issue where I set location control on using ARC, but when reading the Favorites List in Sentinel, Sentinel would show location control for that Favorites List as being off.

W4UVV

Here is the ARC536PRO version I am running

Are you running the latest version of ARC? In previous ARC builds I noticed an issue where I set location control on using ARC, but when reading the Favorites List in Sentinel, Sentinel would show location control for that Favorites List as being off.

I am running ARC536PRO Version 0.091 Build 1 - Full Version.

I believe I noticed the same thing as you did. It appears my ARC536PRO FL files transfer process somehow is causing the 536 Location Control setting to revert to the "off" state. When I manually change the 536 to "on" my FL scans fine using Location Control.

John

Last edited:

W4UVV

THAT WORKED!

Disable the Enable Quickkeys option, that ignores the GPS location control setting.

Gommert
Butel Software

I had a successful updated FL file write to my 536 with the 536 FL Location Control set to "ON". As you recommended I deselected the "Enable Quick Keys/Service Codes After Upload" feature. After the FL file write I sight checked the Location Control in Manage Favorites and it was correctly set to "ON'. Then I did a FL read from the 536 to ARC536PRO which worked fine. Then I did another FL file write again to the 536. Again I sight checked the Location Control setting again and it was correctly set to "ON". Occasionally I still will sight check the Location Control reconfirm all is well.

Thank you very much for your time and efforts and providing a work around for this software issue.

John

W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.