Locked out banks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveLevasseur

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys. I have another question. Probably a simple answer but I can’t figure it out. I have a BCD996P2. I have a group of channels programmed as “0”. In that group I have 9 smaller groups such as frs, cb, etc. I was locking out the smaller groups I didn’t want to listen to and accidentally locked them all out. In the past the only way I know to add a group back in is to press hold in the “0” group and unlock what I want. However this time in the “0” group it won’t stop because all are locked out. Is there a trick to unlock these? I have manually turned the knob to get into “0” but can’t get any to unlock. Last time I did this I just plugged my computer in and downloaded my programming again. I can do the same again but I’m worried next time I will be somewhere without immediate computer access. Thanks in advance.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I don't have the 996P2 but I imagine it will work the same way. You may have to turn on another Group so that you can scan / program? Try to create a new frequency like 123.450 or whatever and save it to that Favorites List or Group that accidentally got locked out. That unlocks Systems and Departments on the SDS scanners when that same accident happens I know. Then you can go back and delete the frequency you put in just to get things moving. This has been a problem with Uniden scanners since at least the BC235XLT I remember. I always thought they would make it where you couldn't accidentally lock out everything in a Bank but that never happened

Brian (COMMSCAN)

tvengr

Well Known Member
The best way to do it is to assign a quick key (1 thru 0) to each group. While scanning a system, pressing the function knob and then the group quick key number will toggle that group on and off. You can readily see which groups are enabled on the display. You can do the same with systems. You can toggle systems on and off by pressing the system quick key number. For 2 digit system quick keys, press the period (.) key first.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
To clarify my last post. You have systems and groups, not banks. Each system can have up to 10 groups. If you have a number of conventional frequencies, you can put them all in one system and then break them down into groups. You will then be able to turn each group on and off separately. You can sort them such as Fire, EMS, Police, Public Works, etc and then easily toggle each group on and off.

skyteam11

Premium Subscriber
To clarify my last post. You have systems and groups, not banks. Each system can have up to 10 groups. If you have a number of conventional frequencies, you can put them all in one system and then break them down into groups. You will then be able to turn each group on and off separately. You can sort them such as Fire, EMS, Police, Public Works, etc and then easily toggle each group on and off.
Yes I understand what you are talking about and I had the same problem and as you the only way I could get it to work was do a complete reboot from the computer. Let me know if you find the answer and good luck.

DaveLevasseur

Premium Subscriber

That’s what they are. I mistakenly locked them all out and I couldn’t get them reactivated. I’m going to try putting one frequency in “0” and not assigning it to a smaller group. Probably a FRS frequency so I can just use one of my kids radios to stop it while scanning and hit 1-9. For now I just plugged in the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.