Locked Out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbull3579

I have a Radio Shack Pro 97 1000 Ch. Tripel trunking scanner that I have had & listened to for years but now have a problem. First, to start out, I am not by any means a radio or electronics pro. I am illiterate when it comes to tech stuff. I just read directions, follow them & hope stuff works out. Now to my problem. My scanner is on all the time 24-7 and I do not mess with it so I don't know how this problem came about but I now can not get it to pick anything up. The readout just says " all channels locked out ". I do not know how this happened as I said I don't mess with it, I just listen to it. I only listen to channels that I have programmed in myself for my immediate area & they are the ones locked out. I know they are there as I can run through them manually & I can see they are still programmed in. I can go to the other channels that are preprogrammed ( ie. air, fire & so on ) & pick them up but not the ones I put in. The users manual has been of no help ( I can't understand most of it ) & the only thing I can find on locked out channels is for a single locked out channel & I know how to do that. I hope someone can help me with this problem & in a way that a dummy like me can understand because I am lost without my scanner. Thank you.

Last edited:

captclint

Mentor
You have 10 banks. Each one can be locked out so nothing in that bank will be scanned. It is quite easy to hit a bank button accidently. Put it in the scan mode, and hit the key(s) (0-9) that represent the bank(s) where you have programmed something. As you hit the bank key, that bank will be unlocked. Hit it again and it will be locked.

Last edited:

N8IAA

Just a silly thought-----try pushing the numbers 0-9 and see if they come back onto the display. Then push SCAN and see if the radio scans again:)
Larry

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-97 all channels locked out

It sounds like a number key was accidentally pressed. Certainly easy to do. Once you get your scanner doing what you want again, press FUNC LIT and lock they keypad. This will keep you from accidentally doing the same thing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.