BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Locking Out 1 Color Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I am programming in a bunch of DMR frequencies to see if they are active, and came across 1 freq that is already being used on another system with a color code of 1. Is there a way to lock out the 1 and have the scanner only receive all the other ones BUT CC1? This would make things a whole lot easier since I record for long periods of time and then review, but the one I already know about is very active! Thanks!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Short answer: no.

Long answer: you'd have to create 15 instances of the frequency in your search list, each set for a different color code other than 1. This would not be at all practical searching or locking out P25 NAC codes.

I wouldn't bother, on the grounds that if there is activity on the frequency with both systems at the same time, the scanner is either going to be unable to decode (if the signals are approximately equal strength) or one signal is going to overpower the other (FM capture effect) and you'll receive whichever signal is strongest.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
That's what I came to the conclusion too, I created 15 of them with different color codes. The one I didn't want is very strong, and the other one is a weaker signal. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.