Locking out frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyjoerob

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, this is my first post and I hope this doesn't sound like an ignorant question but here goes. I have a RS Pro 197. On the shared freq it tells which agency is using it while they are using it. If I hit the LO button while an agency is using it will it lock out just that agency or will the whole freq then be blocked. I am a first grader to the game of scanning and any help will be appreciated. Thanks

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

If by "shared" you mean a trunking system, pressing LO will stop the specific talkgroup from being heard. HTH.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Glad to help. To permanently remove the talk group is a matter of reprogramming the radio. Pressing LO (if I remember correctly) only temporarily removes the TG, until the next time you power the radio off and on. The RS manual or the online oft-mentioned "made easy" manual have the details.

n5ims

Glad to help. To permanently remove the talk group is a matter of reprogramming the radio. Pressing LO (if I remember correctly) only temporarily removes the TG, until the next time you power the radio off and on. The RS manual or the online oft-mentioned "made easy" manual have the details.

Mostly correct. Pressing L/OUT does only temporarily remove the TG, lasting until the radio is powered off and back on. If you want to permanently lock out an object, you must press the FUNC key followed by the L/OUT key. This will cause the lockout to remain even after the radio is powered off and back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.