Locking Out Systems on the scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballpro650

Premium Subscriber
I have te AXT program by Butel. I am able to control system's to lockout on that and that has worked thus far. I want to be able to lockout an entire system from the radio while on the go. If I start in one county (the one I live in) and drive across state I want to be able to turn off systems to counties I'm not currently in. Is this possible.

I understand how to lockout a group. I got that far but I cannot figure out how to apply that concept to an entire system.

QRFactual

LEO Member
The way I have mine set up, is that I have broken down the state of Massachusetts into counties, and have labeled each county as a group. I have entered sub-groups as law enforcement, fire/rescue, ems...and so on. Mine is connected to a GPS unit, so it locks and unlocks counties automatically for me, but before I had the GPS, all I had to do was press the group Number to lock and unlock counties. Hope my answer helps!

paintballpro650

Premium Subscriber
System Lockouts

I can understand what you both are saying. I have it set up so that I have each county being a system and groups within those. I kind of like the one guys idea about states as systems and groups and sub groups within them.

Also I will look into the SQK's and check those out.

Thanks alot

sjlamb

I can understand what you both are saying. I have it set up so that I have each county being a system and groups within those. I kind of like the one guys idea about states as systems and groups and sub groups within them.

Also I will look into the SQK's and check those out.

Thanks alot

Quick Keys are the answer... pure and simple. You're paddling with one oar in the water until you understand QKs and learn how to apply them to your various systems and groups.

paintballpro650

Premium Subscriber
QK's and Priority Searcg

Whats the difference between a start up key and a number tag and which one is the quick key?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
A startup key lets you quickly lock / unlock specific systems/sites upon power up. A number tag lets you quickly go to a specific channel.

Neither of these are quick keys. See the link I posted above.

Also, check out:
Scanner Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.