Locking threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
I've noticed that some threads are being locked down because it strayed from the topic a little but was on the same subject matter.

Lets say I started a thread that says, "what do you think of this, A. XYZ or B. ABC. then later someone offers C. QRS. Some people talk about that then a an admin says the original thread was about A or B. then locks the thread. No warnings given.

This isn't an attack or to question why this is being done. It just seems to me that it is occurring more often, recently. I understand the need for order and maybe I'm off base a little. Just honestly wondering if this is the new norm.

I don't want to point out certain threads or admins as that isn't the point.

Again, honest question

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
The example you gave isn't likely to result in being locked. It happens when someone asks about A.XYZ and someone starts talking about the new carburetor they put on their '34 Ford. Generally, as long as it's remotely related, it's allowed. Every once in a while, a moderator has a bad day and shuts down a thread for no apparent reason. Well, stuff happens. Move on.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that some threads are being locked down because it strayed from the topic a little but was on the same subject matter.

Lets say I started a thread that says, "what do you think of this, A. XYZ or B. ABC. then later someone offers C. QRS. Some people talk about that then a an admin says the original thread was about A or B. then locks the thread. No warnings given.

This isn't an attack or to question why this is being done. It just seems to me that it is occurring more often, recently. I understand the need for order and maybe I'm off base a little. Just honestly wondering if this is the new norm.

I don't want to point out certain threads or admins as that isn't the point.

Again, honest question

If you ever do wish to ask a question about any particular threads or admins, there is actually a procedure in place for that:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Without a specific example, I can't comment. If you want to message me with some examples, I'd be happy to look into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.