BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Lockout of patched TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
This may not make sense, but hoping someone may have run into this before. The Fire/EMS department on my local P25 system will patch the dispatch TG (6505) and the tac TG (6503) together when they are dispatching a call. This is kind of a pain, because on my BCD996P2 I would like to lock out the dispatch TG (6505) because I have another scanner dedicated to that TG. But I still want to be able to listen to the dedicated traffic on the tac TG (6503) on my 996P2 and if I try to lockout 6505 (or remove it from the QK), it does me no good since the dispatch calls are patched to 6503 anyway.

Does anyone know of a way I can program the 996P2 so that I can silence the audio when a patched call comes through on 6505/6503 but still be able to listen to dedicated traffic on 6503?

Last edited:

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Are you sure they are patching it? Could be possible they are doing a multi select on the console and selecting both IDs when they dispatch.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
there is no way to lockout patched talk groups. Since you have two scanners why not remove the 6505 talk group out of the 996p2 programming file, that way you wont miss anything and you will still hear both talk groups.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure they are patching it? Could be possible they are doing a multi select on the console and selecting both IDs when they dispatch.
Pretty sure it is a patch. If I happen to have SDRTrunk or Unitrunker or DSDPlus running, it is being identified as a patched call. Also, on the ProScan logging screen (which is connected to my 996P2) it shows the dispatch TG (6505) in the Talk Group ID column, but the channel name of the tac TG (6503) in the System/Site - Group - Channel column. I think that is how the logging behaves ion ProScan for a patched call.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
there is no way to lockout patched talk groups. Since you have two scanners why not remove the 6505 talk group out of the 996p2 programming file, that way you wont miss anything and you will still hear both talk groups.

I guess that is essentially what I'm trying to do, but since 6505 appears to be patched to 6503, even if I remove 6505 from the programming file or lock it out, the dispatch calls are still coming through on 6503. Ideally, I only want to hear dedicated traffic on 6503 on the 996P2.

Not a huge deal, I was just curious if others had run into this. I have a somewhat unique situation based on my location where this one TG 6503 that I want to listen to I can only receive on one site within range, and reception is best using my 996P2 with an outdoor yagi. But I would like to try to filter out the dispatch traffic on 6505 since I can get that from a closer site and another scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.