LODD - Sedgwick County Sheriff Deputy dies in line of Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksduster

Weather enthusiast
Feed Provider
A Sedgwick County Sheriff Deputy died due to injuries received while responding to a larceny call in the 3600 block of S. Rock Road, Just outside of McConnell AFB, in the Wichita, KS Area.

The deputy was a 1 and a half year member of the department. 26 years old, married, and has children.

The incident occurred about 12pm today 9-28-2009.
He was shot twice - once in the torso, 2nd shot in the leg.

Initial reports from the hospital, stated he was in stable condition after surgery.
A few short hours later, at 6:34pm , the local under sheriff confirmed that the deputy has passed from his injuries.

There is a candle light ceremony being held at 2100hrs (9pm) at the Old Town Square, in Wichita, KS.

Prayers to the deputy and his family

seanblackphotography

Premium Subscriber
Yea it was really crazy down there today. I managed to sneak up to the command center line and snap some photos and a little video. I left and not 10 minutes after I heard someone screaming "shots fired, suspect running south"

For some reason they were operating on both Tac and SO Disp. I though I heard gunshots in the background of some radio traffic but can't confirm that, although they turned him into swiss cheese when he came out firing. God be with the family and his fellow deputies.

Status
Not open for further replies.