LODI FD - Bergen co

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFR465

They give CPR instructions to patients complaining of chest pains and send units to streets that don't exist... I vote NO.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
lets not get off topic but since you mentioned it....What you always forget to mention is the CPR saves, dispatchers giving directions to mothers delivering babies, getting the right EMS or PD to a scene when the caller cant give the right info - etc - In my last visit to the county (OEM meeting) comm center they have numerous awards given to them hanging on the walls
Central has done worse, 911 calls Paramus takes for some of the area towns have been misdirected yet we praise them - have anyone ever listen to Westwood - the guy talks so fast/ excited and studders , they have him repeat his messages several times - should we replace local dispatch by the way he dispatches ( hes also a great guy - but sometimes in an emergency he sounds panicky)

Back on topic so when am in the area I will listen to that uhf channel to see IF i can hear it being used

jvdet

yep tone 156.7 but i dont think its needed to hear them...maybe its a link to 33.86 in or at Lodi ; as mentioned elsewhere, low band pagers/radios are not being produced so agencies are moving to other means, like what Rockland county did:
in the past i have heard various local OEM's test on it

jaymatt1978

Now the database has a "new" frequency of 33.8600. Don't know WHY because I just heard them test on 477.2875. I think they're be issuing UHF pagers soon

Last edited:

mrkelso

Now the database has a "new" frequency of 33.8600. Don't know WHY because I just heard them test on 477.2875

When i tried to ask the op where he heard about the changes from so that i could go and investigate it by asking some of my active friends in Lodi, I was quickly shut down by the MOD. Not sure what he was thinking that day.

So i figure why bother then, let someone else do it.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Now the database has a "new" frequency of 33.8600. Don't know WHY because I just heard them test on 477.2875. I think they're be issuing UHF pagers soon

That was me working ScanXO's submission. I was going to add what he submitted to the channel, but since I absolutely abhor extraneous data being put in parentheses after channel descriptions, I immediately deleted it & put in the notes for the main town entry.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
Lodi-County-Other

I heard that Lodi Fire Dept WILL be switching back (again) to a UHF channel but still dispatched by the county and talkgroups simulcasted. 477.2875 is simulcasting on 33.860 until all switch radios over.

if you notice the county has a UHF and VHF channel listed as inputs into the trunk system. My GUESS is eventually any towns that are already or will go to the county for their dispatch services for FD and EMS will eventually be toned out on either one on these channels depending on weather or not they use VHF or UHF, so in other words, all UHF towns, services (FD-EMS) will be toned out on the county's UHF channel, and likewise with the towns that utilize VHF. A great move by the county to get more towns on board, less cost to the municipalities, they don't have to buy new paging equipment just reprogram the members pagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.