markinnh03451

Good Morning

Just logged into DB and it took me to Douglas County Nevada

I have never visited there and have no connection to there....

Sure does make me wonder

Best

Mark

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
I've been getting Loudoun County, VA popping up when I log in, but my ISP pings my IP as being there. That may be what's happening, is the ISP locating the IP address to other places. I'm not sure why this occurs.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I've been getting Loudoun County, VA popping up when I log in, but my ISP pings my IP as being there. That may be what's happening, is the ISP locating the IP address to other places. I'm not sure why this occurs.
Nope, not IP address related. I've had a couple of more instances, and I usually end on the East or West coast, whereas my ISP says I'm where I should be (or 20 something miles from) in Texas.

From https://whatismyipaddress.com:
WhatIsMyIPAddress.png

Based on what I know of web servers, load balancers, and the other basic building blocks of modern websites (not my primary knowledge base at my day job, but I have to know the fundamentals to at least talk intelligently about certain facets of the job), I suspect one server has a misconfiguration, and it's purely the luck of hitting that server on the load balancer when this seemingly random event happens.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Have been not logged in for awhile on the computer I am at and when loggin in to MyRR, it dropped me at the Nationwide database instead of the MyRR page that I was expecting. Had it do it to me on my home computer as well but I don't remember where it took me in the DB.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I get it cookies (the object that stores your login credentials) expire, and it appears that the cookies on my desktop computer expired today, which requires me to login again. When I went to log in, today instead of the MyRR enhanced home page, I landed at Custer County, Nebraska. Just for grins, I manually logged out, tried logging in again and got the Bing Search Engine, so finally one more manual logout and the third time on logging in I finally got the MyRR enhanced home page.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
@blantonl is there something more we can provide to help narrow down this bug (which started about the time you rolled out RRDB 2.0 and continues to present)?