log on HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfriedman

I have been trying numerous times to log on FROM arc500 software to access radioreference internet site.

I get message: "INIT not ok, cannot read user data." I have been told by Butel the problem is with radioreference.com

I have paid my premium subscription via cc. am i doing something wrong?

Where's customer service? Hello?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello, this is customer service. I'm here to help you.

I've checked your account - and everything looks good on our end. your premium subscription is active (notice the nice icon next to your name above) - in addition it appears you've been able to log on just fine to our site with no problems.

Regarding ARC500 - have you checked any security software or firewalls that you have in place that might be blocking ARC500 from connecting to the Internet?

I'm moving to the Software support forum...

szongker

Premium Subscriber
I am actually having the same issue but with the ARC-Sport for the Uniden SC230XLT, which I just installed for the first time this evening.

I went and disabled the firewall in WIndows Services, as another alternative, and still get RadioRef Disconnected.

jfriedman

Thanks Lindsay,

I will have my IT dept look at this again since I operate on a corporate system. I will let you know what we find. Thanks for the response.

SCPD

QRT
Hello, this is customer service. I'm here to help you.

I've checked your account - and everything looks good on our end. your premium subscription is active (notice the nice icon next to your name above) - in addition it appears you've been able to log on just fine to our site with no problems.

Regarding ARC500 - have you checked any security software or firewalls that you have in place that might be blocking ARC500 from connecting to the Internet?

I'm moving to the Software support forum...

I have the exact same problem all all my Butel software now as well, 396, 996, and the new XT, same INIT no ok can't read user data, I have all the latest versions of the software from Butel installed and I have also tried with windows firewall and my Avira security software turned off as well as with two different ISP's, I have Rogers cable and also a 3G wireless connection from Telus and same result with both.

I did a bit of experimenting with other software and it connects fine to the RR database and downloads, I also looked at my profile and it looks like a premium member which means it should work.

I am having this problem on all Butel software on both laptops, one is running Windows 7 pro 64 bit and the other Windows 7 pro 32 bit.

I guess in the mean time I guess I will be doing a lot of manual typing!

mark

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Still not allowing me to log on. The whole reason was to cut and paste. Have the admins found a solution?

It appears not and no one is even responding by saying they are looking into it so we don't know if this will be solved anytime soon. Cut and paste is sure not easy when you have to then somehow clean it up to get it in the ARC, almost easier to just sit there and type manually.

That's what rainy weekends are for :)

It's unfortunate though....

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, we're not experiencing any problems on our end right now with the Web service. You've been able to login to the forums - so you aren't putting in a bad password.

You'll need to check and see why your computer isn't allowing Butel's software to connect to our servers. Also, please contact Butel and let them know you are having this problem.

SCPD

QRT
Folks, we're not experiencing any problems on our end right now with the Web service. You've been able to login to the forums - so you aren't putting in a bad password.

You'll need to check and see why your computer isn't allowing Butel's software to connect to our servers. Also, please contact Butel and let them know you are having this problem.

I am wondering if by chance it is a windows 7 issue, I have one machine running win 7 pro 32 bit and one running win 7 64 bit and no luck at all still, same error code and nothing.

Perhaps others who are having the same problem with butel software can post which OS they are using, that might narrow it down or eliminate one possibility.

Other scanner programming software I have experimented connects no problem, I just really like the butel software for it's cut and paste functions.

It's an interesting problem that's for sure.

m

Status
Not open for further replies.