Log periodic from TV antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Question: Has anyone done something like this before? Thought I would ask and get some tips before starting my project.

Project:

I have a 80's era Channel Master Quantum tv antenna. Its a log periodic with parasitic elements mounted on standoffs from the main elements. The rear three longest elements are broken off.

What I want to do, if I can figure out the mounting scheme, is to replace the last three broken elements with aluminum tube cut for 30 Mhz (originals were for 54 MHz), and flip it vertically for scanner use.

Since it uses a dual boom which is part of the phasing, and the mount it insulated from the boom, it will require a vertical mast with some sort of "T" fashioned at the top, with the antenna on one side of the T, and a counter weight on the other side. This should also offset it a few inches from the mast, and hopefully the mast wont affect the pattern to much.

Attachments

• cm 1162a.jpg
    cm 1162a.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 541

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Howdy

A couple of photos might help generate a few more ideas from folks - here are a few I have tried:

Using PVC mast and also wood dowles as mast to reduce interference / easier to work with using L shaped bracket type slotted hole pre drilled and likely you all ready tried U Bolts too...muffler brackets at Auto Zone....

Consider suspending the antenna via a two-point set of basket hangers on a mast as a temp measurebto test out, etc..

Also go to an ACE Hardware (example only) in Plumbing, Garden and Electrcal areas to look at dissimular mounting fixtures used for other things, even fencing / hinges....etc

Amazing what these areas yield in outside-the-box experiments...

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.