LOGAN county GUTHRIE radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

oSutrooper

why would u want to listen to them....slow slow slow,,, i should know, i used to be an officer in guthrie lol

KK5FM

xerb1962 said:
anyone into monitoring guthrie fire , pd , LCSO,etc?
I live in Logan County, so I routinely monitor those agencies, at least when they aren't using their super-high-tech voice inversion scrambler to talk about chickens in the road.

okccsi

I listen to GGPD sometimes, but I listen to LCSO more often. I also pick up Cashion, Coyle, Langston, Crescent...

OKC CSI

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
Very good ! I am in south logan Co. Dig this, is LCSO's east repeater a joke ? what do ya think?

KK5FM

xerb1962 said:
Very good ! I am in south logan Co. Dig this, is LCSO's east repeater a joke ? what do ya think?
I think Logan County's radio system needs a major overhaul, and whomever assigned or licensed their repeater input as the same frequency that is used by OHP should be given a stern hand-slapping.

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
I couldn't have said it better,check it out, thankfully they finally changed the pl freq on it
and now it doesn't repeat Vinita OHP. What gets me is that so called "east" repeater works pretty good now BUT rather than using it ,most of LCSO's deputies,rather than simply swithing to talkaround when their out east, will try to talk car to car USING THE GUTHRIE rp.! UNBELIEVABLE!

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
You are right , the problem is that they swap cars all the time and the "channels" are diffrent from radio to radio among other things.

Gilligan

Database Admin
xerb1962 said:
The problem is that they swap cars all the time and the "channels" are diffrent from radio to radio among other things.
Now that's just sad. They can't even set up the channel plans the same in the same department?

car2back

Gilligan said:
Now that's just sad. They can't even set up the channel plans the same in the same department?

That is a bad senario. I hate switching my handheld with someone elses out on the firescene b/c mine has some 'custom' programming.

robynsjw

xerb1962 said:
...LCSO's east repeater...

I don't see anything about an East Repeater listed on Logan County's page here at RR. Do I need to make room for a couple more channels in Logan County's bank (of my scanners)?

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
I understand the confusion. The LCSO ''east rp'' is simply a repeater located near Meridian OK that is activated by switching a mobile to a channel with a diffrent PL, It's all the same freq. 155.775 ,listen next fri or sat night and listen for a long squelch tail . When you hear it (it will be obvious) you know the east rp is being used.The problem is the dispatcher in order to hear it has to turn on a diffrent radio that for whatever reason is always turned off! Constant confusion, I am certain that 99% of the employee's at LCSO think central rp, eastrp, and talkaround are diffrent freq's HA!

Last edited:

robynsjw

OK, I've heard the long squelch tail before, but thought the repeater was just having some kind of issue...
Sounds like Logan County needs to find a voter on ebay (or the voters need to find out what kinda Mickey Mouse rigging they have for LE in the county.

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
Ah yes, you are so right. But, if one was to start talking about radio voters to anyone at LCSO well....... Yep, when the tail is long and makes a bunch of noise that's the east rp and more than likely no one will answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.