Logan County Narrowband

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFerg1919

Is there going to be a new frequency for the Logan County Sherrif? From time to time I will hear a deputy say they are on the "new channel." There was also a message from dispatch to all units that they would need to use IREACH on Tuesday instead of sherrif's band, as it would be down from noon to 8 pm for switch to the "narrowband voting."

N9JIG

Sheriff
It will likely be the same frequency but switching from a wider channel spacing and bandwidth to a narrower one to comply with FCC rules.

Most two-way radio operations from 150 thru 512 MHz. will have to do this by 2013 if they have not already complied.

If it sounds worse on your scanner after the changeover then change your scanner to "NFM", it should help. You might not even notice a difference or maybe just a little less volume after the change, depending on your scanner.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
And just another note at this time, there has been no FCC Modification on the license for narrowband (not that I think it is a big deal, when it is "required" anyway).

FCC Callsign KSB206 Details

There are no FCC applications for a new frequency that I know of

rvradioguy

Premium Subscriber
Only change at this time was the input frequency for the Sheriff's dept. repeater. The output frequency remains 155.565 mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.