LOGAN WV DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I know a radio tech that is working on changing the fire depts. and the rescue depts. from analog to DMR. So, my question is does anyone have any information on what the frequencies and DMR settings will be. I cant get in touch with the tech to find out because here lately he has been very sick. BUBBA or anyone else know??

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I forgot to mention this is LOGAN COUNTY WV not just the city LOGAN

KN4HTC

Looking up FCC licenses for the Logan area, I am not finding any licensees with an emission designator DMR so I can't confirm but I would assume that the frequencies would remain the same. One of the benefits of DMR is that it allows users to keep their existing infrastructure in place and essentially just swap out the radios/repeaters.

You will have to find out the talk groups, color codes and timeslots.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I will have to wait till my tech friend gets better before I can find out. When I do I will post it.

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
I understand DMR has some benefits but fire and EMS agencies are usually dependent on pagers, which almost always means analog service has to be maintained for alerting. I'm guessing at least one frequency in the county will remain analog as a paging frequency?

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I understand DMR has some benefits but fire and EMS agencies are usually dependent on pagers, which almost always means analog service has to be maintained for alerting. I'm guessing at least one frequency in the county will remain analog as a paging frequency?
The Unication pagers do DMR and can alert on a TG.

fredva

Feed Provider
I know a couple of agencies in WV that chose DMR as an inexpensive way to go digital and at the time, have some privacy in communications, only to buy P25 radios and get on the SIRN within 3 or 4 years. That's not really a good use of funds in the long run. And while they were on DMR, they didn't have any interoperability with the rest of the state. I would say if they are going to go with DMR, then be committed to it, understand its limitations, and don't come before the county commission or state officials three years later saying you need money to get on a better radio system.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I did not post all the info earlier but here is what I had found under FCC GRANTS for LOGAN COUNTY WV for DMR ( PACKIT TECHNOLOGIES WRJC390 ) ALSO THIS IS THE INFORMATION MY SCANNER DISPLAYED. LOGAN DMR ( TG 22000 ) (CC- 1 ) (TS-1 ) ( THIS ONE IS FOR THE SHERIFF DEPT == (TG 23000 ) ( CC-1) ( TS - 2 ) REPEATERS FREQUENCIES ARE AS FOLLOWS (463.68750 LOGAN ) ( 452.5550 MOUNTAIN VIEW ) ( 452.58750 SHARPLES ) ( 452.5250 LOGAN ) (452.6000 LOGAN) ( 452.61250 MAN) (456.5250 MAN) I HOPE THIS WILL HELP EVERYONE THAT IS LISTENING.

Status
Not open for further replies.