Software Logging and Tuning using Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The page is very bare bones, but it's called RX Log and Tuner, and can be found here. It evidently uses Excel as the engine...

Just some highlights here;

- Seems to support a pretty nice range of high end desktops and several SDRs including the SDRPlay series as it says it's compatible with SDRUno
- Says it works with SDR Sharp, too
- Supports the Aoki database and the SWSkeds Master list by Dan Ferguson

For those that might not know - the SWSkeds Master list is an Excel spreadsheet (and text file originally for just Perseus users but can be imported to other programs) that combines the Aoki, HFCC, EiBi and several other sources It's available (free) from the SWSkeds reflector on groups.io

Mike

majoco

Stirrer
Sounds good - and works with Winradio G33DDC hopefully - I'll let you know.....
I already use Dan's excellent skeds so the ability to control the radio too is an excellent upgrade. I used "StationList" which accepts EiBi lists to control the radio but had Dan's sheet running in the background for the best info.

majoco

Stirrer
Well, Mike, after a long afternoon playing with the programme, I can't make it run on either a Win 10 laptop or my old favourite Win XP desktop. The laptop stops with a plaque that says "Please wait - checking for upgrades" which stays there for ever. Interestingly the desktop hasn't even got a modem in it and shows a note that says "Checking for updates - unable to connect - click on OK" which just bupasses the problem. But then it says "Office file validation detected a problem - opening it may be dangerous" - I suppose this means a macro is a problem - anyway I crossed fingers and toes and nothing happened - or did it? Cariied on right through and got load the Winradio dll and showed the xls spreadsheet but it did nothhing - supposed to double-click on a frequency and the radio should tune to it but - nothing happens. Trying to enter a frequency from a drop-down menu come up with "Runtime error "438" - object doesn't support this property" what ever that means. I'd like to download the xls file updates from a file, not from the net but it won't let me do that. I'm no IT expert or coder so I just had a cup of tea and a lie down!

Status
Not open for further replies.