Logging Business Trunking YG Systems in the 400MHz band in Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEADENWAH

Has anyone had success logging Business Trunking ( YG ) Systems in the mid 400 MHz band ?
I have a very early version of Unitrunker which still works great from the newer Federal 380 trunking systems will into the 800MHz 9600 TRS.

Unfortunately, it just won't log those YG Systems.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the least complicated version of Unitrunker for this purpose ?

Many thanks !

Michael-SATX

Perhaps tell us what county you monitor in and let us have a lQQk at what systems you have there.
If those YG class frequencies are Passport type (1 second data burst blips then that means more work)
Now if those YG class freqs are in use on LTR type systems (CC/CC's have longer spaced data bursts)
then you will have a much easier time to map out the LTR HR(s) (Home Repeater(s)) LCN's on a TRS.
On regular systems I use such DOS programs as LTR Analyzer and the Auto Place freature on my 106.
My next aid is my Home Patrol-1E in Discovery record mode. Come home after work and playback
the traffic I missed complete with date/time stamp and TG#. Often I make onsite time to confirm what
info I have gathered and logged. Nothing beats actually see company X actually key up to confirm info!

Also, there is some GREat info and shared knowledge to read up on under the LTR forum to aid you !

Status
Not open for further replies.