Logging CB/Commercial - Franklin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Hey gents,

Later this week I have to drive 40mi of backroads off US-201 west of Jackman/Skinner to the Lowelltown/Beattie areas just shy of the border in Franklin County for work. Way back past Caswell Mountain. Anybody know what CB channel the logging trucks use back there? Any idea what logging companies operate back in there around the border other than Pelletier?

Curious not just to listen, but also cause if they drive anything like the logging truckers in Quebec, I'd like some warning on the road. :)

Last edited:

tac9c819

Some of the companies have signs posted on the road of what channel, but channel 19 is the most common. In Piscataquis county MURS has taken off in the last few years as well.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Some of the companies have signs posted on the road of what channel, but channel 19 is the most common. In Piscataquis county MURS has taken off in the last few years as well.

Thanks Tac. Noticed the signs this past week. Definitely saved my backside on a certain hill way back in the KI Jo-Mary north of Greenville having the CB going. That would have been realllly ugly.

I'll scan through MURS when I head back up at the end of the month.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
They could be operating on marine radios as well

Wouldn't surprise me. Apparently it's a pretty common thing around Moosehead Lake for the camp owners to communicate using VHF marine I was told by one of the guys who lives east of Jackman.

Status
Not open for further replies.