Logging frequencies while I'm at work - SDR on linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roodog2k

Ok, I'm not exactly a newbie, but I don't know exactly how to begin to answer this, and it maybe helpful to others.

Looking for a cheap solution to search and log active frequencies while I'm at work. Recently moved to a new QTH near a bunch of nice industrial stuff. My only scanner that I have is a PSR-800, so I need another solution. VHF-lo on up.

I need to do this on the cheap. If money were no option, I'd probably buy a Uniden BC996 and use ProScan. But, I'm now poor.

So, was thinking about going the SDR route. So, has anybody had any luck running logging software on Ubuntu?

EDIT: Oh, I should mention that I'm not interested in DMR or trucking frequencies. Basically, analog only.

Last edited:

mbott

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I have working on Ubuntu is GQRX with my RTL-SDR V3. Made several runs at getting my SDRplay RSP1 up and running, but they all crashed and burnt. :(

--
Mike

Dog

I know you said linux but ... if you were interested in dual booting or have a windows machine sitting around doing nothing.

SDR Sharp with the Frequency Manager Suite has all the tools you are asking for.

Activity Logger
Data Tools Wizard
Frequency Manager + Scanner
Scanner Metrics
Scheduler

Frequency Manager Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.