Logging / record/ broadcast and speaker / discriminator question

Status
Not open for further replies.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

So two questions on the TRX-2:

Is there a record / log / broadcast software, similar to proscan for the trx-2?

And is there a way to get speaker and discriminator output at the same time? As soon as I plug in my discriminator cable to the headphone jack, I can no longer hear the scanner.

Thanks.

troymail

Silent Key
Hi All,

So two questions on the TRX-2:

No.
And is there a way to get speaker and discriminator output at the same time? As soon as I plug in my discriminator cable to the headphone jack, I can no longer hear the scanner.

Thanks.
If you're trying to use the discriminator output to feed a program like Pro96Com or Unitrunker, it would need to be monitoring the control channel so even if the cable wasn't in the headphone jack, you wouldn't be hearing anything. Using the discriminator means you can't use the radio as a scanner - it can't do both at the same time.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
No.

If you're trying to use the discriminator output to feed a program like Pro96Com or Unitrunker, it would need to be monitoring the control channel so even if the cable wasn't in the headphone jack, you wouldn't be hearing anything. Using the discriminator means you can't use the radio as a scanner - it can't do both at the same time.

Darn on both counts. Well, the way the 536 I had operates, I could say park on a DMR channel, and have the discriminator output go to DSD+ and listen to the audio on the scanner. And of course, on DSD log talkgroups. :(

racingfan360

Hi All,
Phirephoto,

For the record/logging bit, have a look at this thread, in particular the last posting related to a fantastic little app called auparse.
https://forums.radioreference.com/whistler-scanners/349539-unattended-logging-whistler-scanners.html

It relies on you enabling recording to your SD card, and depending on the number of recordings, can take a few minutes to run. I only use it for offline analysis, so I'm uncertain what it would do if it where trying to parse data while recordings were still being written to the SD card. In saying all that, I find it invaluable for analyzing recordings given how unhelpful the recorded .au filename is on the Whistler.

Status
Not open for further replies.