Logging the scanned activity with the HP-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
I hope I am not overlooking another thead on this subject, but I did look at all the threads here.

With my 396T and 996T I can use software with the radio hooked to the computer in "virtual" scanner mode and log all the hits for all the systems I am currently scanning.

Is there any way to do this with the HP-1?

I have the extreme updates and I have tried using both Sentinel and ArcPatrol. The only thing ArcPatrol does is give you a virtual screen on the computer and very limited control using the <> arrows. There is no logging ability.

I have been using the full database and scanning for my location, and I would like to let it run for a couple of hours to see all of the systems and talkgroups that it is hitting, in case I want to add something to my usual favorite list.

I tried recording for 2 hours and I have a whole lot of audio files, but no way of identifying who is talking on any of them. (Incidentally, in the DC Metropolital area, scanning not less than 20 systems in 3 states, the total of all the audio files is about 42Mb for 2 hours of almost non-stop chatter, and I have a 4Gb SD card!.... I DO love this radio!)

Any suggestions? I really don't want to spend the time trying to analyse each system individually, which is what the activity log in extreme does, if I understand it correctly.

Paul...any suggestions?

JK :(

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Best two options for this are discover mode and trunking activity log. Discover mode will record all unknown TGIDs (you can make all TGIDs unknown by starting with an "empty" system in a Favorites List). Activity log won't record the audio, but will make a log all channel grants on the system, which you can manipulate using Excel.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Paul.
That's what this weekend is for!

BTW - I just discovered that is a UNICORN EYE!

Status
Not open for further replies.