• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Logic Board Swap Radius m216 tuning label question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tribunicus

Hi everyone,
i managed to swap a 16 pin logic board from an old VHF Radius m216 and coupled it with a UHF 449-470 RF board in an M100 Chassis along with the new multi channel head, eliminating the masked Logic board that was present. i blanked the new logic board successfully with Lab rss, i went through the initialization procedure successfully plugging in all the tuning values i could read from the old logic board, as well as the voltage which i read with a multimeter, and the 8 digit crystal number. my question is about the tuning label. mine has what appears to be 8 digits. im not sure if it was just sloppy writing or what. it looks pretty clearly like 72623130. the 1 appears to have an = through the middle of it. could the 7 be some kind of letter? the more i look at it i believe i entered this incorrectly. i thought that the person nay have been trying to cross out the 1 or something. the radio powers up receives an frequencies ok, but i cant check TX just yet. I will try to take a picture of the label so i can get everyone's opinion. the crystal number is 4214 1696. any opinions from people who have seen these labels would be great. this is my first time doing this. if i did it wrong i would like to re blank the board and re initialize and enter the proper tuning number

Thanks in advance

WX9EMS

It seems someone draws a line through the sevens, have seen quite a few that way. I would think that if someone botched the number, they would start over on the sticker; but that is just my thought.

I am sure you visited the Repeater Builder site, if not give it a read. Upgrading a MaxTrac, Radius M100, M214 or M216 to 32 Channels

What I have learned is that number is the product of a full factory alignment. This info is towards the bottom of the page.

Edit: A picture would be worth 750 words right now.

Tribunicus

It seems someone draws a line through the sevens, have seen quite a few that way. I would think that if someone botched the number, they would start over on the sticker; but that is just my thought.

I am sure you visited the Repeater Builder site, if not give it a read. Upgrading a MaxTrac, Radius M100, M214 or M216 to 32 Channels

What I have learned is that number is the product of a full factory alignment. This info is towards the bottom of the page.

Edit: A picture would be worth 750 words right now.

Thanks kc9ksn,
i will work on getting a clear picture tonight and get it posted on here. The Repeater Builder site is great, that's where i got the idea to do this. I found the 2 channel M100 and a mic at goodwill for $18. after reading stuff at Repeater Builder i figured out what i would need to upgrade it. i won a multi-channel 16 pin radius, parts only on ebay for $9 and $12 shipping, put it all together using lab and Radmbl, and here i am.

Tribunicus

picture of the Frequency data label

the more look at it the more i thin the 7 may be an h. the 1 with lines through it is difficult to figure out. any ideas?

Attachments

• freq label.jpg
    freq label.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 410
  • SANY2951.jpg
    SANY2951.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 653

WX9EMS

Looks like H2623730 to me, seen a few crappy sevens out there. The "H" should be also included in on the tuning values, there is a spot for it below the seven digit sticker number in RSS.

Last edited:

Tribunicus

Looks like H2623730 to me, seen a few crappy sevens out there. The "H" should be also included in on the tuning values, there is a spot for it below the seven digit sticker number in RSS.

Thanks for your help Dan,

i blanked and re initialized the logic board and entered the tuning data correctly now. The radio is working. just out of curiosity. what would the symptoms of wrong tuning data be? i ask because the radio was working before i changed it with the tuning data way off. i have heard it only comes into play in extreme temperatures.
thanks
Eric

WX9EMS

From what I understand, it is to get it close enough back to spec without having to do a full alignment, but fine tune it when done. Not real sure of the aftermath of bad tuning numbers, never wandered into those waters. But if it worked afterwards, it must have been close. Anything could happen...nothing happening to PA control gone wild I guess. Safety would be my first guess followed by performance. Technically you should realign it anyhow, but imagine you do not have the required equipment to do that. You are responsible for its proper operation. If you have the proper number in their proper places, you should be fine. Glad I could be of help!

Status
Not open for further replies.