LoJack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to be correct,from memory,,
just tuned it here and am getting the minute or so bursts..

What about those lojak antenna's..

theyre the ones in a set of 4 on the roof right?
an if yes,,why 4,,they directional for stalking the TX'd
signal?

313RADIO

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

not sure on the freq, but i can tell u for sure the system is still used, i hear "lojack hits" still be reported in the city

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Looks to be correct,from memory,,
just tuned it here and am getting the minute or so bursts..

What about those lojak antenna's..

theyre the ones in a set of 4 on the roof right?
an if yes,,why 4,,they directional for stalking the TX'd
signal?

Yes, the 4 antennas is what gives the receiver its direction-finding capability.

And if you're hearing data bursts every minute or so, then there is a stolen car somewhere in the vicinity. If a receiver in a patrol car picks it up, it shows what direction the signal is coming from, & displays the transmitter's ID number. The officer can then have dispatch do a LEIN inquiry on that ID number & it will not only give them the info on the stolen car, but the system will then send a signal to that LoJack unit to increase its transmission rate from once per minute to once every 20-30 seconds, so the officer can "home in" on it. Even with OnStar, & the other technologies that have come along recently, LoJack is still a pretty neat system.

I'm not sure what cities. But I would guess Detroit to be at least one of them. Here in Macomb County the Sheriff has a taskforce for stolen cars.

The Macomb Auto Theft Squad (MATS) is a multi-jurisdictional task force comprised of investigators from the Macomb County Sheriffs Office, Michigan State Police, Clinton Township Police Department, Eastpointe Police Department, St. Clair Shores Police Department, Sterling Heights Police Department, and the Warren Police Department.

Last edited:

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Does many cities in MI use lo-jacking?

Initially, MSP got funds (probably a grant) to install a receiver in at least one car at every post. There was also a grant to provide one receiver to every Sheriff's office in the state, & additional units for police departments of metro areas (Kalamazoo, GR, Lansing, Battle Creek, Benton Harbor/St. Joe, etc). As older patrol cars were retired & new ones bought to replace them, I'm not sure the receiver units continued to be moved. It's been a while since I saw a car in my county with a LoJack receiver in it. I'm not saying they aren't still out there, but maybe not as prevalent as they once were.

Status
Not open for further replies.