Lompoc, CA. FCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongo78

I've spent a couple of hours here looking for Freq. numbers for the FCI (or whatever they call it now) here in Lompoc.
I've seen the prisons that are already listed throughout the state with no luck, guess it just isn't there or I'm looking in wrong place.
Can anyone out there help me out or am I just SOL until an employee comes along with the needed info?
Sorry about not being on the "regional" board but I tried. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
Mongo78

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
mongo78 said:
I've spent a couple of hours here looking for Freq. numbers for the FCI (or whatever they call it now) here in Lompoc.
I've seen the prisons that are already listed throughout the state with no luck, guess it just isn't there or I'm looking in wrong place.
Can anyone out there help me out or am I just SOL until an employee comes along with the needed info?
Sorry about not being on the "regional" board but I tried. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
Mongo78

As Wayne_H suggested, try searching the 406-420 MHz federal UHF band and see if you run across and trunking control channels. Most federal prison facilities have switched, or are switching to UHF trunked systems. Some are analog and some are P-25 digital voice.

As far as Federal Correctional Complex Lompoc, I have not seen any specific information on that system, but since it i co-located with Vandenberg AFB, I have been told they might be sharing the VAFB trunked system.

Good luck!

- Chris

SCPD

QRT
The agency is actually called the Federal Bureau of Prisons and Lompoc is an FCC or Federal Correctional Complex, with a FCI (Federal Correctional Institute) and a USP (United States Penitentiary) in the complex. I'm not sure that this will help, but often pinning down the exact wording can lead to better results when doing a key word search.

DeeBotchery

FCI-Lompoc

I have picked up three control channels for the prison on several passes through Lompoc, two were signal-stalked near the grounds. I didn't have a digital scanner to break-down the system better but the control channels (SysID 492B) I heard were 406.6125 / 407.050 / 408.0125.
VAFB's SysID is/was 2F36 and they do not share a radio system.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
DeeBotchery said:
I have picked up three control channels for the prison on several passes through Lompoc, two were signal-stalked near the grounds. I didn't have a digital scanner to break-down the system better but the control channels (SysID 492B) I heard were 406.6125 / 407.050 / 408.0125.
VAFB's SysID is/was 2F36 and they do not share a radio system.

Cool - thanks for collecting that info. Now we know for sure that the BoP has their own system.

- Chris

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
There are still a couple of remaining facilities out there on VHF. The federal prison camp in Duluth Minnesota is using P25 VHF last I heard. Not sure if this is standard among the smaller, lower acuity prison facilities.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Changed System ID: [2F36 | 76.76 | ] to [942B | 76.76 | ] LAflyer 2012-09-01 23:34:37
Added System ID: 2F36 ericcarlson 2012-04-01 20:44:3

Great update today on whoever logged it.
Glad someone confirmed the new SystemID of 942B again. I saw the same thing on March 31, 2012.

But is this system really a SmartZone system ?
On the GRE scanner it was showing "S--" (SmartNet). It wasn't showing any site numbers. When I checked it last in March,2012 .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.