• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

London City, ENG PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorny41587

I saw a pic of a London Bobby... they have a cell phone looking type radio on thier vest. What's this? Is that the radio for LCPD?

Napalm

The cellphone is the Airwave TETRAPOL thingy.

It's a cellular 380MHz system, and is impossible to monitor by anyone except those authorised to be on the net.

What's LCPD? London City Police Department? Try "The Met" ;) But I think some Met officers still use the old Motorolla system.

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
London

X1536 said:
LMPD are differant than the city aren't they?
Having been stationed in London with the Navy. The London that we are all familiar with is actually the county of London, it is huge and up of many boroughs. There is a borough/city of London but it is only a few blocks square, roughly the area of the “Great Fire”. The majority of “downtown London” is actually the borough of Westminster. The “city” police department IS the Metropolitan Police Force also known as Scotland Yard. But, again, also like NYC the UK has several other specialized “police forces”, such as transit, and Ministry of Defense.

Just my $0.02

http://www.visitlondon.com/city_guide/about_london/geography/

morfis

X1536 said:
I saw a pic of a London Bobby... they have a cell phone looking type radio on thier vest. What's this? Is that the radio for LCPD?
All English plod now use Airwave Tetra and their standard radio is the Motorola MTH800.

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
London Police

58006 said:
Having been stationed in London with the Navy. The London that we are all familiar with is actually the county of London, it is huge and up of many boroughs. There is a borough/city of London but it is only a few blocks square, roughly the area of the “Great Fire”. The majority of “downtown London” is actually the borough of Westminster. The “city” police department IS the Metropolitan Police Force also known as Scotland Yard. But, again, also like NYC the UK has several other specialized “police forces”, such as transit, and Ministry of Defense.

Just my $0.02

http://www.visitlondon.com/city_guide/about_london/geography/
I stand corrected on my above post, besides the Metropolitan Police Department (Scotland Yard) the 1 square mile that is actually the City (Borough) of London is also served by the London Police Force, which is different than the Metropolitan Police Department.

Status
Not open for further replies.